What We Do
Advocacy – Education – Support
- SAGE-RI provides viewings and discussion on the documentary, Gen-Silent.
- SAGE-RI planned and implemented a first-of-its-kind Elder Summit that brought together Rhode Island community leaders to discuss the needs of LGBT elders as well as possible solutions.
- We provide education & training programs to elder care providers, nursing and social work students as well as local organizations and secondary schools
- SAGE-RI created the Visible Lives Healthcare Conference for health care professionals and social workers
- We continually develop partnerships with educational and healthcare communities to encourage a more welcoming environment for our elders.
- We are a presence at numerous community festivals and health fairs including the RI Pride Festival and the Senior Expo.
- We influence social change by creating resources and tools that can be used by the LGBT community as well as those who support the LGBT community.
- We offer programs and social events for our community: movie nights, periodic get-togethers and our popular monthly LGBT Café
- SAGE-RI is a member of the Senior Agenda Coalition and the Long-Term Care Coordinating Council, making sure the voices of LGBT elders are heard.
- An affiliate of SAGE-USA
SAGE Rhode Island is committed to responding to the direct needs of its constituents by offering social events, inter-generational events, and educational and volunteering opportunities. SAGE Rhode Island will continue to work with hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare providers in an effort to create LGBT-friendly settings that recognize the unique needs of this group of Rhode Islanders.