- Options Magazine for articles and organizations
- Bisexual Resource Center: PO Box 170796, Boston, MA. (617) 424-9595. email@example.com www.biresource.net.
- RI Prime Timers: Social and networking group for gay and bisexual men 50 and older. Second Sunday. Contact Steve, 996-3010. www.riprimetimers.org.
- RI Women’s Association: Lesbian social group. 21+. Dances & events. www.riwa.net.
- Wanderground Lesbian Archive/Library: in formation. Visit wanderground.org for more information
- HIV+ Gay Men’s Support Group: Refreshments served. AIDS Care Ocean State, 18 Parkis Avenue, Providence. 521-3603. New members contact Scott. 640-3108.
- TGI Network of RI: Support, advocacy for transgender, transsexual, gender-variant and/or intersex people. Borderlands peer group meets first and third Tuesday and first and third Saturday of the month. Location and information: 441-5058. firstname.lastname@example.org. www.tginetwork.org.
- RI LGBTQ Community Archive hosted by the Providence Public Library (PPL)
- AARP-RI – Better living in the Ocean State
Links to Website Resources
- We are affiliated with SAGE-USA
Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE) is the country’s largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults. Their mission is to lead in addressing issues related to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) aging.
- National Resource Center of LGBT Aging
The National Resource Center on LGBT Aging is the country’s first and only technical assistance resource center aimed at improving the quality of services and supports offered to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults.
Articles of Interest for LGBT Aging
- In Sickness and in Health; a couple’s journey, November 2015
- Closets Are For Clothes; a look inside Chicago’s LGBT-friendly affordable senior housing development, Sept 2015
- “I’m Still Gay”; Coping with dementia while LGBT, Sept 2015
- Healing Ageism in the LGBT Community, Huffington Post, July 2014
- LGBTQ Senior Citizens Face Unique Challenges In Older Age, Civic Life, January 2015
- Out & Visible: The Experiences and Attitudes of LGBT Older Adults, Ages 45-75
This study explores the aging realities of LGBT people, as well as their fears, beliefs, behaviors and aspirations in areas such as healthcare, finance and retirement, support systems, housing and sources of information.